(English Version Available Only)
We will collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit or use our Site, subscribe to email alerts, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users will be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non Personal Data
We will collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users' means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
Purposes for which personal data may be used include:
- sending written notifications in relation to the company's activities, competitions, promotions, and events
- sending written notifications in relation to the services provided under the website and other related products and services
- evaluation and further enhancement of the company's products and services
- processing games, lucky draws and promotional events
- provision of on-line teaching resources and useful web linkage
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Protection of Children
Visitors to the web site who are not adults or otherwise have no full legal capacity must obtain permission from parents or legal guardians before undertaking any of the following activities:
- sending any individual personal information or any information about others
- entering any contest, game or lucky draw
By providing your personal information to us, you represent and warrant that you are adults or have otherwise permission from parents/legal guardians to provide your personal information and transact on our Site.
In the event that collecting personal information of minors upon permission from their parents/legal guardians, we will only use or disclose to public such information under the condition that it is permitted by law, or by their parents/legal guardians, or it is necessary to do so to protect the minors.
If we found that we collected any minor’s personal information without any prior permission from their certified parents/legal guardians, then we will exert our best effort to delete such information immediately.
How we use your personal information
We use your information as follows:
- Fulfilling orders
- Providing information and technical support if you ask for this
- Contacting you with information about changes to services
- Managing competitions
- Storing and analysing your information in order to review and progress your study.
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide our services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our services);
- Whether we have a legal obligation to keep the data (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Deletion of Personal Information or Your Account
To request removal of your Personal Information from our public forums, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Please note that some unrevised information may remain in our records after revision of such information or deletion of your account, or in cached and archived pages. Some information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent that it was copied or stored by other users. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you delete your information, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
We will retain personal data for as long as required to do what we say we will in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
Data Access and Correction Requests
18/F, 10 Knutsford Terrace, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Nothing stated in this Policy shall limit the rights of any data subject under the Ordinance or other applicable laws. However, there are certain exemptions. They include exemptions from subject access and use limitation requirements of the Ordinance or other applicable laws their application is likely to prejudice certain competing public or social interests, such as: security, defence and international relations; prevention or detection of crime; assessment or collection of any tax or duty; news activities; and health.
edxtore reserves the right to change this policy at any time by notifying the parties concerned, through a notice posted on the Homepage, or by e-mail, fax, or mail, of any updates.
Your acceptance of these terms